Yes, You Can!
- Bathe up to 36 weeks. Do not go in hot tubs or jacuzzis.
- Have dental work (make sure that your dentist knows that you are pregnant).
- Swim. Do not go in rough water, body surf or scuba dive. No diving, jumping or belly flops.
- Have intercourse unless you have had problems, such as placenta previa, or if it causes pain, bleeding or contractions.
- Exercise regularly – walking is usually best. If you have been exercising regularly (i.e. running, aerobics, etc.) you may continue on a modified basis for pregnancy (see exercise guidelines).
- Travel – up to 28 weeks. Try to empty your bladder every one to two hours and get up to stretch and move around. The maximum time in a sitting position should be 1-1/2 hours at any one time - please discuss with your provider. It is a good idea to let your provider know if you are going out of town.
- Paint – make sure that the room is well ventilated. Use latex paint only - no oil-based paints!
- Have your hair colored, permed, straightened, etc. – consult with your beautician, as the effect on your hair may be different.
PLEASE CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS